Saturday, November 21, 2009

What keeps us going?



How Important you really are? 
I keep asking this question once in a while, just to keep a check on myself. Or may be to keep myself grounded. In this fast paced world, where success is almost a neccesity, where does one stand if he is not successful? Well, what is success anyway? To me, Success is something that makes you feel important, even if you really aren't. So the more apt question should be how do you make yourself feel important, feel special, feel good about yourself? While it is too spiritual and boring to answer such questions, it is really important to understand it. What makes me happy, what makes me feel important, what gives me the push to go ahead, are in fact very simple things.


The other day when I was coming back from work late night on my bike, I passed through a narrow road stretch of about half a km, fully decked by lightings all through. The lighting ended at some temple. Some auspicious occasion nexy day i suppose. Since it was late night, the road was empty. With the gentle, cool breeze striking my face and with those wonderful lightings giving a royal reception, I felt like a king, being welcomed in his kingdom after having won a war. That 5 min experience was so good that I actually took a reverse turn at the end of the road and came along the same road again, only to be felt like a king once more. It was a great experience indeed !! 


While this might sound very simple and stupid, things like these are the real turn ons in life. We tend to ignore these minor short-lived moments which actually make our lives interesting. Once we start appreciating these moments, we will realize how interesting life can be.


With this little philanthropic note, I take off for now.

No comments: